Thursday 6 November 2008

Sorting Out My Head

How do I know what I want to do....
I have split up my motivations into several categories and my goal would be to find a final project to satisfy them all.

How do I imagine my ideal working environment
-self employed
-work from home (but up for some project work up to a week)
-time for myself
-time for my family
-creative

Values A good design (for my product) is
-beautiful
-meaningful
-deep
-challenging to common practice
-reproducible
-not disposable
-evolving
-creative
-betterment of mankind
-practical

Interests
-art and architecture
-subconscious
-psychology and design
-psychology and visual
-C19th illustrations and etchings
-Victorian exotic
-antiques
-rejuvenation
-spirituality
-death momentous
-symbolic meanings
-HALLOWEEN

Influences
-John Derian
-Tim Hope
-Timorous Beasties
-Tim Burton
-Michel Gondry
-Quay Brothers
-Heatherwick
-Gris Grimley

Style
-muted colours
-dark
-botanical and insects
-pen and ink with watercolour
-meaningful
-magical/surreal/hyper real/whimsical/dreamlike
-moody

No comments: