Tuesday 16 December 2008

Resevoir Mice and Moths

Todays experiments with screenprinting.

Moth (no not a mosquito)

I wanted to look at screen printing more detailed illustrations. This print is on a finer cotton material. I was pleased how this turned out but I did notice that the ink did not come through in some area so need to A) push ink through harder B) make sure the emulsion is washed out correctly.

Moth- T cloth First Print

My mosquito- I mean moth, come out fairly clearly but not as clear on the tighter material.

Moth- 2nd Print

This one was the second print. Note how much blurrier the lines are. I am exasperated that you can not clearly print more than once. It adds so much time to wash a screen and let it dry inbetween each print. Can you imagine how long wallpaper would take? There must be a better way...Oh TAMMMMSINNNN.

Resevoir Mouse

Umm- this is meant to be a mouse wearing a Christmas hat-not one that has been stepped on. Should have used a solid colour on the hat and used a different type of ink. That way it would have sat on top of the under layer rather than be translucent.

No comments: