Saturday 31 January 2009

Forests



Now that we have finished the assessment section of the first part of the course, I have had an epiphany. I acknowledged that in trying to justify my subject area I kept identifying common themes and categories rather than answering the question why. Soon as we stopped turning work in, my head cleared enough to get some clarity.
Here goes…
When I am in the daily humdrum of life, my head fills up with continuous whirring of thoughts. With some practice and concentration I can silence that voice for a while and that is when I like to go for a walk, especially in woods. When I am in this state I can witness all the natural beauty that is around me, including seeing beauty in things that are not your typical flowers. Once you are quiet enough you get to see the hidden treasures of life.
So I paint forest scenes because that is what I associate with beauty, calm and peace.

No comments: