Sunday 25 January 2009

Layering Digital Fabric

Just a quick note. I wanted to report on the digital print that I did last Friday. My intent was to look at layering a transparent fabric, silk organza, over the tighter weave of cotton drill.
Silk over Cotton Cicadas

Close up of Above

Another Silk over Cotton

Close up of Above

I found it interesting that a) the details of the underlying illustration come through clearer on the dark parts of the silk and b) the darker part of the underlying illustrations showed up best through the silk.

Silk Organza in Window

I did not intend to use the silk by itself but I really like way the silk allowed light through but created some privacy. The answer to bathroom window decoration? Have to find out how to finish silk edges.
Next will investigate layering but using more darker shades on silk so that it shows more of the underlying design.

No comments: